- Access to Service
- Information Collection
We may collect and store the following information when running the Service:
- Information you provide: When you setup an account, either directly or via third parties (e.g. “Login with Facebook” or “Login with Google”), we may collect some personal information, such as your name, email address, profile photos and other personal information that is customary to collect during a registration process. You may also be able to create and update your profile on the Service with additional information such as profile photos and additional communication methods.
- Information from Connected Services: The Service is about helping you read and share the news you care about from the sources you love. In order for the Service to display Content from your personal accounts, the Service may ask you to authorize access to such accounts and services (“Connected Services”), and may access data on these Connected Services on your behalf. The Service may use the data provided by such Connected Services and present all or parts of the data in the Service user interface. We may also store some of the information (such as name, profile photo, email addresses and authorization tokens) in our Service.
- Log Data: When you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include (but not limited to) the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page or software visited before you came to our Service, information you consume or search for on our Service, location preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your Content, and other interactions with the Service.
- Cookies: We may also use “Cookies” to collect information and improve our Services. A Cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your Device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Service. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service. You can instruct your browser or operating system, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
- Use of Personal Information
- Personal Information:In the course of using the Service, we may collect and use personal information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is or may be used: (i) to provide and improve our Service, (ii) to administer your use of the Service, (iii) to better understand your needs and interests, (iv) to personalize and improve your experience, (v) to provide (including in partnership with providers of Third Party Content) promotions and/or offers, via your browser, email communication or other means and such promotions and/or offers may be based on your activity, such as searches you perform and/or web pages you visit and (vi) to provide or offer software updates and product announcements.
- Geo-Location Information:Some of your information, including information imported from Connected Services may contain location information. We may use this information to optimize your experience. Also, some of the information we collect from a Device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a Device’s location.
- Analytics:We also collect some information (ourselves or using third party services) using logging and cookies, such as IP address, which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information for the above purposes and to monitor and analyze use of the Service, for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify that users have the authorization needed for the Service to process their requests.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Compliance with the Law: We may disclose to third parties information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of the Service or its users; or (d) to protect our property rights. If we provide your information to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we may remove any encryption (if exists) from the data before providing it to law enforcement.
- M&A Transaction: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
- Non-Personal Information: We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-Personal Information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
- Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion.
- Change or Delete Information
If you are a registered user, you may review and delete the Personal Information provided in your registration or account profile through the Service user interface. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18 years of age or at the age which you can enter in a legally binding contract under the applicable laws of your jurisdiction (“Legal Age”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors younger than the Legal Age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that any person younger than the Legal Age has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you become aware of any potential data breach or security vulnerability, you are requested to contact us immediately, and we will investigate the incident and take preventive measures, as reasonably required.
Our Service may offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account.
At any time you may choose not to allow us any further collection of Personal Information through the service. You may do it by deleting your account (see details in our Website or ask for assistance through firstname.lastname@example.org). At any time you may choose to unsubscribe from our email communications through a link in the email communications. At any time you may choose not to accept cookies from us or from Third Party Content providers in conjunction with our service or to remove such cookies, through your browser and/or operating system settings.
- Contact Us: